Biosensors or biochips can provide fast, accurate and reliable detections and monitoring of cancer cells, as well as to determine the effectiveness of anticancer chemotherapy agents in cancer treatments. These have attracted a great attention of research communities, especially in the capabilities of detecting the pathogens, viruses and cancer cells in narrow scale that the conventional apparatus and techniques do not have. Vietnam is a typical developing country with a very high number of patients diagnosed with cancers in recent years, but having a very low cancer survival rate. The role of biosensors in early detections of diseases, cancer screening, diagnosis and treatment, is more and more important; especially it is estimated that by 2020, 60-70% new cases of cancers and nearly 70% of cancer deaths will be in economically disadvantaged countries.
The biochips can also meet the increasing need for robust, accurate, user-friendly diagnostic and on-site, sensitive tests s to detect the highly pathogenic viruses in several regions of the world, and the potential influenza to cross species and infect humans, pose a major threat to human and animal health.
The biosensors can perform the cost-effective analysis to detect the forbidden compound in agro-products as well as determine very low traces of heavy metal ions or pesticides residual in aqueous environment.
Our research group combines a strong multidisciplinary activity within the institute that is a fundamental importance for realization of its goal.
– International Training Institute for Materials Science (ITIMS), Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST);
- School of Electronics and Telecommunications, HUST
- School of Chemical Technology, HUST
- Institute of Engineering Physics (IEP), HUST
- National Institute for Hygiene and Epidemiology (NIHE), Ministry of Health
- The cooperation will secure:
- Combination of the strong points among the research groups within institutes and our partners into a genuine multidisciplinary program;
- Providing excellent opportunities for international top-level research;
- Attracting external funding which is a quality indicator.
Following is an overview of our current interests
- Realization of electrochemical sensor array based on nano structured conducting polymer for virus detection application;
- Development of immuno-sensor for cancer cell screening application
- Nano-wire based Field Effect Transistor for Immuno-Sensors Application
- Portable and embedded device for electrochemical sensor
- Design and develop a compact system for optical biosensor